Search This Blog

Monday 25 February 2013

Glenarm

Today we headed off towards Larne direction and stopped, by chance, at the Ballygally Castle hotel where we stumbled upon a small beach. Lola loved it there and she ran along the sand and into the sea. I've been dying to go to Glenarm Castle for ages, mostly because (and I read this...) Princess Mariga, aka Mrs. Desmond Guinness, lived in a gatehouse on the premises. Although, a recent commenter on my post about Mariga seemed a bit baffled by this. However, the castle is closed until May but I decided to have a look around the parts of the grounds which are opened to the public. I walked further down the lane and noticed the imposing castle, it is magnificent and I snapped a photo. There is a sign next to the gates saying 'Private' and I didn't go any further. I'll definitely return to Glenarm Castle in the summer to have a proper walk around the grounds. I drove onward to Glenarm Marina which is beautiful and then to Carnlough and home to Antrim via Broughshane. All in all, it was a great day with lovely views along the coastal road!













No comments:

Post a Comment